5 THINGS TO GET READY BEFORE HIRING A BOOK COVER DESIGNER
- Make sure you know who your readership will be (genre / age)
- What your readership currently chooses (author / style)
- Write a blurb for your book. (150-300 words)
- Quotes from noted authors in your genre. (or magazine / website of influence)
- A scene (excerpt) you think makes a big impact / meaningful imagery about your novel.
If you are in doubt about any of these things, a good editor can help you decide some of these things, or having a good brainstorming session with someone who has also read your manuscript will be immensely helpful, if they can give you some good pointers on what you need for each of these steps.